130 Harbor Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
GPS: N34 24.213 W119 41.562
Club Hours: Opens 9:00 A.m. ,Wednesday - Sunday
The members and staff of the Santa Barbara Yacht Club welcome you. We will do everything possible to make your visit with us enjoyable. The following information may help answer many of your questions concerning our facilities. We hope that your visit will encourage you to make us a frequent port of call.
Guest end-tie and house rules
- Docking privileges are extended to visitors from reciprocated yacht clubs only. Reservations will not be accepted to accommodate vessels owned by the SBYC members except Non-Resident members whose vessel is permanently berthed in another harbor. You must present your current Yacht Club affiliation card at check-in.
- Our guest end-tie is located on "D" finger in Marina 1 and is for temporary use only. Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis up to 30 days in advance. Rates are $1.00 per foot, per night. The first night is complimentary. Please have your credit card number ready to secure your reservation. Our guest dock can accommodate up to 76 feet. Reservations may be made for no more than 7 nights, consecutive or not, within a 30 day period. Call (805) 965-8112 for availability.
- Rafting is permitted by the Harbormaster provided it is agreeable with the skippers involved.
- In an effort to reduce fires caused by improper electrical cords, the Harbor Patrol is enforcing the requirements for shore power use. Our guest dock has a 50amp/208 volt power supply and requires a minimum 6-gauge cord. Please be sure to use the proper cord.
- Guests may utilize all of our facilities, including complete food and beverage services. A service charge of 18% will be added to all food and beverage purchases. Please show the Dining Room staff your Guest Card which you will receive at check-in.
- No guest vessel on the end-tie shall be allowed to perform repairs of any kind without the express permission of management.
- Animals are permitted on guest vessels.
- Please secure all valves and thru holes while visiting Santa Barbara Harbor. The Club provides adequate restrooms and shower facilities for your use during Club Hours. The Harbormaster provides dock and restroom keys for the harbor facilities.
- Bicycle riding, skateboarding or roller-skating are not allowed on Club premises or Breakwater.
- Guest automobile parking is available for Members Only.
- When entering the Santa Barbara Harbor be sure to radio the Harbormaster of your arrival. They may be contacted at VHF Channel 12.
- All yachts visiting Santa Barbara Yacht Club must identify themselves by flying their yacht club burgee.
- Check-in with the Front Desk to register. Please sign our acknowledgement agreement. Slip fees are to be paid at the time of check in by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express accepted). Rates are $1.00 per foot, per night. The first night is complimentary.
- Present your current yacht club affiliation card at check-in and receive a guest card and information about our reciprocity privileges.
- Messages and mail may be received or left at the Front Desk.
- The Harbor Patrol office is located on the second floor of the Chandlery Building and monitors VHF Channel 12 & 16. For Harbor Patrol assistance call (805) 564-5530. (Location Map)
- A newspaper stand is located in the Harbor at the Harbor Market. You can usually find our local paper in the Bar area upstairs here at the Club.
Harbor Area Map By Water
As you arrive to Santa Barbara, turn in at buoys 5/6 and follow channel until buoys 14/15. As you enter the Santa Barbara harbor be aware to stay within the red and green buoys. Also be aware of the ever changing sand spit at the entrance to the harbor. Proceed up the main channel that leads toward the city pier/fuel dock. The Santa Barbara Yacht Club guest slip is located adjacent to the fuel dock at the end-tie of Marina 1 Finger D. Please check in at the Yacht Club Front Desk upon your arrival. The office is open Wednesday through Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Driving Directions from the Airport (North)
Take Hwy 101 South to Castillo Street exit. Turn right on Castillo towards the Harbor. Head all the way down Castillo until you hit Shoreline/Cabrillo. Make a right turn onto Shoreline. Continue on shoreline and make a right turn at Harbor Way (signal) across from the stadium. Continue down Harbor Way. We are the building right on the beach. You can't miss us!
Driving Directions from Los Angeles (South)
Take Hwy 101 North to Garden Street exit. Turn left on Garden towards the beach. Go a few blocks to Cabrillo signal. Make a right turn at the signal and go to Harbor Way (signal) across from the stadium. Take a left at Harbor Way and we're all the way at the end on the beach. You can't miss us!
Santa Barbara Yacht Club members are dedicated to the principles and traditions of Corinthian Yachting. Facilities and some activities of the Club are listed below:
- Main Dining Room, Bar, upper deck, lower deck, Fleet Room
- Banquets, weddings, parties and meetings
- 76' Guest Dock
- One Boat Hoist with a 4000 lb capacity
- Cruising Fleet
- Racing Fleets (PHRF, J24, J105)
- Junior Program
- Women's Group
- Ship's Store
We offer a variety of activities for our members and their children, which are briefly described below. Contact names and phone numbers are available should you need additional information. Please contact any of our staff members for assistance; they will be delighted to assist you. The Santa Barbara Yacht Club is a place to be enjoyed by all ages and we encourage visiting yachtsmen to utilize our facility.
The Scuttlebutt newsletter highlights many of our ongoing events as well as food and beverage specials. Annual programs include Opening Day festivities, Wet Wednesday Races, BBQs, Cruising Fleet's Annual Summer Catalina Cruise, Stag Cruise, CPR classes, First Aid classes and weekly Yachtsmen's Luncheons aka Monday Luncheon Forum featuring guest speakers with topics varying from politics to maritime news. A printed copy of our Scuttlebutt can be picked up at the Front Desk.
Banquet and Meeting Facilities
Private banquet and meeting rooms are available to members, guests sponsored by a member, and yachtsmen with reciprocal privileges with Santa Barbara Yacht Club. Our full service-catering department functions seven days a week. Our Club offers excellent facilities for private entertainment, including business meetings, luncheons, dinners, cocktail parties, weddings or business receptions or any other type of celebration. Your privately sponsored event can be conducted any day in the Fleet Room, and limited availability in the Main Dining Room, Harbor Room and Ocean Room. Contact our General Manager, Richard Nahas at (805) 965-8112 extension 113 for assistance.
- A battery disposal station is located in the Santa Barbara Harbor at the City Pier.
- Waste oil and absorbable pad disposal is located in Marina Two and Marina Four.
- There are four pump out stations located in the Santa Barbara Harbor – one at the City Pier and three in Marina One.
- For specific questions concerning hazardous materials please contact the Harbormaster at (805) 564-5530.