Santa Barbara Yacht Club Access is limited to Members and reciprocal guests only
Santa Barbara Yacht Club
130 Harbor Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Email: [email protected]
GPS: N34 24.213 W119 41.562
Club Open Wednesday - Sunday
- Reciprocal guests must be enrolled in a full membership category at an approved reciprocal club.
- Reservations are required for club entry with at least 24 hour notice. Walk-ins are not permitted.
- Reciprocal guests are limited to 4 reservations per calendar year.
- Reciprocal guests may not reside in Santa Barbara County.
- Friday dinners are not available to reciprocal guests.
- Reciprocal reservations are limited to a maximum of 4 guests.
- Current yacht club membership card and valid photo ID required for entry.
- The parking lot is strictly for SBYC members only. Reciprocal members have the option of parking in the paid harbor lot or the 90-minute parking spots just outside SBYC's parking lot gate.
Guest end-tie and house rules
- Docking privileges are extended to visitors of reciprocal yacht clubs only or by special invitation of the SBYC Bridge. Reservations are required to be made in advance with the Yacht Club Front Desk on a first come first serve basis up to 30 days in advance. The first night is $1.75 per foot, the 2nd night is complimentary and additional nights are at $1.75 per foot, per night. Reservations may be made for a maximum of 3 nights. Guests can extend their stay one night at a time up to 7 nights total, based on availability.
- Reservations can be made by calling (805) 965-8112 x1 or email [email protected] during normal business hours.
- Reservations may not be made for more than 7 nights total, within any 30 day period.
- A credit card is required to secure your reservation. Reservations must be canceled at least 72 hours in advance. Reservations not canceled within cancelation window will be charged for the entire reservation. Exceptions are made for unexpected weather.
- Full payment is due upon arrival.
Current yacht club membership card and photo ID must be presented to the front desk upon arrival.
- You will be given a guest card that will allow you full access to dining and club facilities.
- We ask that you fly your visiting club burgee while you are berthed on the SBYC Guest Dock.
- Marina #1 card is available from the Harbor Master, located adjacent to the SBYC. The card allows access to the dock and the restroom facilities on the dock.
- Shore Power if used must be a minimum 6-gauge cord. Our dock has a 50amp/208-volt power supply.
- Please secure all valves and thru holes while visiting the Santa Barbara harbor. SBYC and Marina 1 both provide shower & restroom facilities.
- When docking, please pull all the way forward. Depending on the size of the vessel, there may be (2) boats that will be using the guest dock on the same evening. Our end tie is 76 feet long located in Marina 1 Finger D.
- When entering the Santa Barbara Harbor be sure to radio the Harbormaster of your arrival. They may be contacted at VHF Channel 12.
- The Harbor Patrol office is located on the second floor of the building adjacent to SBYC and monitors VHF Channel 12 & 16. For Harbor Patrol assistance call (805) 564-5530. (Location Map)
- Cell phone conversations and pets are not allowed in the clubhouse.
Harbor Area Map By Water
As you arrive to Santa Barbara, turn in at buoys 5/6 and follow channel until buoys 14/15. As you enter the Santa Barbara harbor be aware to stay within the red and green buoys. Also be aware of the ever changing sand spit at the entrance to the harbor. Proceed up the main channel that leads toward the city pier/fuel dock. The Santa Barbara Yacht Club guest slip is located adjacent to the fuel dock at the end-tie of Marina 1 Finger D. Please check in at the Yacht Club Front Desk upon your arrival. The office is open Wednesday through Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Driving Directions from the Airport (North)
Take Hwy 101 South to Castillo Street exit. Turn right on Castillo towards the Harbor. Head all the way down Castillo until you hit Shoreline/Cabrillo. Make a right turn onto Shoreline. Continue on shoreline and make a right turn at Harbor Way (signal) across from the stadium. Continue down Harbor Way. We are the building right on the beach. You can't miss us!
Driving Directions from Los Angeles (South)
Take Hwy 101 North to Garden Street exit. Turn left on Garden towards the beach. Go a few blocks to Cabrillo signal. Make a right turn at the signal and go to Harbor Way (signal) across from the stadium. Take a left at Harbor Way and we're all the way at the end on the beach. You can't miss us!
- A battery disposal station is located in the Santa Barbara Harbor at the City Pier.
- Waste oil and absorbable pad disposal is located in Marina Two and Marina Four.
- There are four pump out stations located in the Santa Barbara Harbor – one at the City Pier and three in Marina One.
- For specific questions concerning hazardous materials please contact the Harbormaster at (805) 564-5530.