130 Harbor Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Email: [email protected]
GPS: N34 24.213 W119 41.562
The members and staff of the Santa Barbara Yacht Club welcome you. We will do everything possible to make your visit with us enjoyable. The following information may help answer many of your questions concerning our facilities. We hope that your visit will encourage you to make us a frequent port of call.
Reciprocity Privileges for Dining
- Dinner reservations are required.
- Friday night dinners are not available.
- When entering the club, you must sign in with the front desk receptionist.
- Must have yacht club membership card and driver's license (or travel passport).
Guest end-tie and house rules
- Docking privileges are extended to visitors of reciprocal yacht clubs only or by special invitation of the SBYC Bridge. Reservations are required to be made in advance with the Yacht Club Front Desk on a first come first serve basis up to 30 days in advance. The first night is $1.50 per foot, the 2nd night is complimentary and additional nights are at $1.50 per foot, per night. Maximum nights 72 hours. Additional nights may be available up to 7 nights total, based on availability.
- Reservations can be made Wednesday - Sunday at (805) 965-8112
- Reservations may not be made for more than 7 nights total, within any 30 day period.
Please have a credit card ready to secure your reservation.
- Full payment is due at the time of reservation.
- Please show your current yacht club card when you check in with the Front Desk.
- We ask that you fly your visiting club burgee while you are berthed on the end tie.
- Rafting is permitted by the Harbormaster, provided it is agreeable with the skippers involved.
- Please check in with the Front Desk upon arrival to obtain your guest card. You will have full access to the dining room and club facilities.
- Marina #1 card is available from the Harbor Master, located adjacent to the SBYC. The card allows access to the dock and the restroom facilities on the dock.
- Shore Power if used must be a minimum 6-gauge cord. Our dock has a 50amp/208-volt power supply.
- Please secure all valves and thru holes while visiting the Santa Barbara harbor. SBYC and Marina 1 both provide shower & restroom facilities.
- Animals are permitted on guest boat.
- Parking is available thru the City Parking Lot.
- When docking, please pull all the way forward. Depending on the size of the vessel, there may be (2) boats that will be using the slip on the same evening. Slip is a 76' end tie located in Marina 1 Finger D.
- When entering the Santa Barbara Harbor be sure to radio the Harbormaster of your arrival. They may be contacted at VHF Channel 12.
- Messages and mail may be received or left at the Front Desk.
- The Harbor Patrol office is located on the second floor of the Chandlery Building and monitors VHF Channel 12 & 16. For Harbor Patrol assistance call (805) 564-5530. (Location Map)
Harbor Area Map By Water
As you arrive to Santa Barbara, turn in at buoys 5/6 and follow channel until buoys 14/15. As you enter the Santa Barbara harbor be aware to stay within the red and green buoys. Also be aware of the ever changing sand spit at the entrance to the harbor. Proceed up the main channel that leads toward the city pier/fuel dock. The Santa Barbara Yacht Club guest slip is located adjacent to the fuel dock at the end-tie of Marina 1 Finger D. Please check in at the Yacht Club Front Desk upon your arrival. The office is open Wednesday through Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Driving Directions from the Airport (North)
Take Hwy 101 South to Castillo Street exit. Turn right on Castillo towards the Harbor. Head all the way down Castillo until you hit Shoreline/Cabrillo. Make a right turn onto Shoreline. Continue on shoreline and make a right turn at Harbor Way (signal) across from the stadium. Continue down Harbor Way. We are the building right on the beach. You can't miss us!
Driving Directions from Los Angeles (South)
Take Hwy 101 North to Garden Street exit. Turn left on Garden towards the beach. Go a few blocks to Cabrillo signal. Make a right turn at the signal and go to Harbor Way (signal) across from the stadium. Take a left at Harbor Way and we're all the way at the end on the beach. You can't miss us!
- A battery disposal station is located in the Santa Barbara Harbor at the City Pier.
- Waste oil and absorbable pad disposal is located in Marina Two and Marina Four.
- There are four pump out stations located in the Santa Barbara Harbor – one at the City Pier and three in Marina One.
- For specific questions concerning hazardous materials please contact the Harbormaster at (805) 564-5530.